Sunday, August 15, 2010

Charcoal, pizza boxes, needles, and sequins

7:06 am
_______________________

Hi! And good morning~
I know, I know, It's been another whole week again, I was up since 6ish today and I felt like updating on things. A couple of you say you miss my blogs, and posts.. I'm sorry.
College is starting in about a week now, but I'll try my best!


This past week has been pretty productive, here are a couple of things I've been working on:


[CLICK TO ENLARGE]

-Pizza box charcoal portraits!
I think I discovered my new favorite drawing medium... It's been a long time since I've touched charcoal, and I never thought I'd be able to pick it up so quick, its really exciting for me. ** These pizza boxes are from my brother's birthday party.
And again with the hair.. my favorite part is always the hair, It's the fun part.
I have a huge idea stirring within me, for the upcoming projects. .. .. . . .. .

Also, I am extremely excited for my Prismacolor charcoal set to come in! !!@#!
I'm not sure if the buyer wants to be revealed, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for the "early birthday" gift. I love you. so much.<3



v [Click to enlarge]


Other than art, I've been doing a lot of fabric manipulation.. Gathering and creating ruffle pieces that I turned into cute little hairclips/keychains..
I also scored a good deal on a bunch of fabric, including Mickey Mouse ones I'm really excited working with!

This particular hair clip though is really special to me because it was out of pure experimentation, and it took me about 2-3 hours sewing those tiny sequins and beads, LOL. It took a while but it was really fun to do! I like the clustered detailed look.. like the same way you do decoden!~
What's also pretty cool is that I made a cute ruffle hair clip that could also be a key chain. If you enlarge the photo, you can see that I made a little secret pocket you could tuck the key chain ring into when you're using it as a hair clip~
muahahahahahah
ok brb

1 comment: